A View to a Kill (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) was a soundtrack composed by John Barry for the 1985 James Bond film of the same name. The film's eponymous theme song was sung by Duran Duran and written in collaboration with Barry. The album was released on vinyl and cassette by EMI Records in the United Kingdom and Capitol Records in the United States during May 1985. In addition, EMI also released a compact disc for the Japanese market. The album was subsequently remastered on CD in 2003.
The theme tune "A View to a Kill", performed by Duran Duran, was written by Duran Duran and John Barry and peaked at #1 and #2 in the US and UK charts respectively. Although the movie underperformed commercially, "A View to a Kill" is considered the most successful Bond theme to date. The song was the last track that the original five members of Duran Duran recorded together until 2001.
During the opening teaser, a cover version of the 1965 Beach Boys song California Girls, performed by Gidea Park, is used during a chase in which Bond snowboards in the pre-title sequence.
- "A View to a Kill" – Performed by Duran Duran (3:32)
- "Snow Job" (2:25)
- "May Day Jumps"† (2:49)
- "Bond Meets Stacey - A View to a Kill" (2:29)
- "Pegasus' Stable" (3:20)
- "Tibbett Gets Washed Out" (1:40)
- "Airship to Silicon Valley" (2:29)
- "He's Dangerous" (2:13)
- "Bond Underwater" (2:32)
- "Wine With Stacey - A View to a Kill" (1:52)
- "Bond Escapes Roller" (1:21)
- "Destroy Silicon Valley" (2:21)
- "May Day Bombs Out" (2:59)
- "Golden Gate Fight" (3:28)
- "End Title - A View to a Kill" – Performed by Duran Duran (2:01)
†This track's title was misprinted as "May Day Jumpers" on the 2003 edition.
- John Barry – A View To A Kill (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (En). Discogs. Retrieved on 2020-09-03.