Colonel Feyador is a fictional Soviet military commander in Afghanistan, an old acquaintance of the duplicitous General Koskov and a minor villain in the 1987 James Bond film The Living Daylights. He was portrayed by British actor John Bowe.
Colonel Feyador is commander of a Soviet airfield in Afghanistan. An old comrade of Soviet General Koskov, Feyador provides the General with a detachment of men and trucks to assist in his secretive State mission; in reality a private opium smuggling scheme. At Koskov's instigation, the Colonel has James Bond and Kara Milovy imprisoned, pending transport back to Russia for involvement in the (staged) assassination of General Pushkin and defection, respectively. When Kamran Shah and his Mujaheddin rebels attack the airbase, Feyador is killed when Shah throws a grenade under the petrol truck Feyador is sitting in, incinerating the Colonel.
Awards and Decorations
- Hero of the Soviet Union: The right star on his jacket indicates that Feyador was given the honorary title 'Hero of the Soviet Union' for an heroic act for state and society.
- Hero of Socialist Labour: The left star indicates that Feyador also was awarded the honorary title 'Hero of Socialist Labour' for exceptional achievements in national economy and culture.
- Order of the Red Banner: This order was awarded to Feyador twice for heroism in combat or long service in the armed forces.
- Order of the Red Star: This military medal was awarded to Feyador for great contribution tot he defense of the USSR in war and peace.
- Order of Suvorov (First Class): Awarded to army commanders for exceptional direction of combat operations. Feyador was awarded twice.
- Order of Kutuzov (First Class): Awarded to commanders for skilful evasions of enemy attacks and successful counter-attacks. Feyador was awarded twice.
- Order of Glory: Awarded for bravery in the face of the enemy to soldiers and NCOs.
- WWII-era Excellence badges: Two of the badges on Feyador's jacket look like badges awarded for excellence during WWII. However, Feyador is much too young to have fought in the second world war.