Colonel Scott is the fictional commanding officer of a platoon of U.S. space marines. The character appeared in the 1979 James Bond film Moonraker and was portrayed by French American actor Mike Marshall.
On-board Drax's Space Station, James Bond and Dr. Holly Goodhead manage to disable the station's radar jamming system; leading to the unauthorized space structure becoming visible to both the Americans and Soviets for the first time. Colonel Scott speaks with General Gogol on the phone, confirming the space station is not of Russian origin. The United States dispatches a platoon of Marines in a space shuttle, which blasts off from Vandenberg Air Force Base. Colonel Scott was the commanding officer of the group and leads his men in their attempt to storm the station. After a sustained firefight with Drax's armed forces around and inside the station, it begins to lose structural stability and violently falls apart. Their mission accomplished, the Marines and Colonel Scott retreat back to the relative safety of the shuttle and depart.
Awards and Decorations
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award: This medal indicates that Colonel Scott's current or any former unit performed "exceptionally meritorious service, accomplishes specific acts of outstanding achievement, excels in combat operations against an armed enemy of the United States, or conducts with distinct military operations involving conflict with, or exposure to, a hostile action by any opposing foreign force".
- Air Medal: This medal has been awared for "Heroic or meritorious achievement while participating in aerial flight".
- Bronze Star Medal: Colonel Scott has been awarded the Bronze Star Medal for "Heroic or meritorious achievement or service".
- Vietnam Service Medal: Awarded for Scott serving in the Vietnam War between 1965 and 1975.
- Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon: Awarded for achieving an above-average score during a weapons qualification course. Scott most probably used the M16 rifle or his individual pistol for this.
- United Nations Korea Medal: Awarded for Scott's campaign service during the Korean War (1950-1953).
- Vietnam Campaign Medal: Awarded for aiding South Vietnamese forces during the Vietnam War.