For Your Eyes Only (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) was a soundtrack composed by Bill Conti for the 1981 James Bond film of the same name. The film's eponymous theme song was written by Conti and Michael Leeson and sung by Sheena Easton. The album was released on vinyl and cassette by Liberty Records in 1981 and was subsequently re-released on compact disc with 7 additional tracks by Rykodisc in 2000.
The soundtrack to For Your Eyes Only was composed by Bill Conti, famous for scoring five out of the six Rocky movies, and as with The Spy Who Loved Me features a more disco-oriented sound.
The theme song, also titled "For Your Eyes Only", was written by Bill Conti (music) and Michael Leeson (lyrics), and performed by Sheena Easton. The song was later nominated for both an Academy Award and Golden Globe in 1982. Easton also made Bond film history as the first (and, to date, only) artist to perform the theme song on-screen during the opening title sequence. Madonna would later one-up Easton by not only singing the theme song, but also appearing in a cameo role during the film Die Another Day in 2002, though she remained off-screen during the credits. The popularity of "For Your Eyes Only" and Easton's film appearance is credited with establishing Easton as a star in North America; she would alter go on to star in popular police drama Miami Vice. Easton had already been popular in her native UK for at least a year prior to the film's release.
Originally, the band Blondie was approached to write and perform the theme song for the film. They produced a song also called "For Your Eyes Only" that they turned into the producers; however, this version was never used and Easton and Conti were subsequently asked to write the theme. Blondie eventually released their song on the 1982 album The Hunter.
Tracks 1-12 were first released in 1981. When the soundtrack was remastered on compact disc, seven previously unreleased tracks were added (13-19).
- "For Your Eyes Only" – Performed by Sheena Easton (3:02 - 3:07)
- "A Drive In The Country" (2:20 - 2:25)
- "Take Me Home" Eddie Blair (2:27 - 2:32)
- "Melina's Revenge" (2:14 - 2:18)
- "Gonzales Takes A Dive" (3:09 - 3:14)
- "St. Cyril's Monastery" (4:33 - 4:40)
- "Make It Last All Night" – Performed by Rage (3:28 - 3:31)
- "Runaway" (3:49 - 3:54)
- "Submarine" (2:35 - 2:39)
- "For Your Eyes Only" – Performed by Derek Watkins (1:29 - 1:35)
- "Cortina" (1:41 - 1:45)
- "The P.M. Gets the Bird/For Your Eyes Only [Reprise]" – Performed by Sheena Easton (4:58 - 5:05)
- "Gunbarrel/Flowers for Teresa/Sinking the St. Georges" (2:54)
- "Unfinished Business/Bond Meets Kristatos" (1:53)
- "Ski....Shoot....Jump...." (5:16)
- "Goodbye, Countess/No Head for Heights/Dining Alone" (3:20)
- "Recovering the ATAC" (2:28)
- "Sub vs. Sub" (3:16)
- "Run Them Down/The Climb" (2:58)
- Bill Conti – For Your Eyes Only (En). Discogs. Retrieved on 2020-09-06.