Quantum of Solace
Arterton has said that Fields is "not so frolicksome" as other Bond girls and that her character is "fresh and young, not [...] a femme fatale".
Arterton won her first professional role (in Stephen Poliakoff's Capturing Mary) while she was still at drama school. Similarly, she made her stage debut as Rosaline in Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost at the Globe Theatre, London in July 2007 before graduating later that year. She made her film debut in the 2007 movie St Trinian's as Head Girl Kelly, a role she gained in competition with Sienna Miller.
When it launches in October 2008 she will be the face of Avon's "Bond Girl 007" fragrance. Having already started in a series of low-key adverts for cosmetics company Avon, in May 2008 Arterton requested a role opposite model Kate Moss for Rimmel, but was blocked on contractual terms under her Avon contract.
In 2016 Gemma Arterton plays the role of Nell Gwynn in the Apollo Theatre´s production of Nell Gwynn.
|2007||Capturing Mary||Liza||TV Movie|
|St Trinian's||Kelly||Nominated for Empire Award|
|2008||Three and Out||Frankie Cassidy|
|Quantum of Solace||Strawberry Fields|
|2009||The Boat That Rocked||Desiree||Post-Production|
|2010||Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time||Tamina|
|Burden of Desire|
|2008||Lost in Austen||Elizabeth Bennet||Two Episodes - Episode (1.1 & 1.4)|
|Tess of the d'Urbervilles||Tess Durbeyfield||Four Episodes - Episode (1.1 - 1.4)|
- ↑ Arterton cast as new 'Bond' girl Leslie Simmons, The Hollywood Reporter, 2008-01-04
- ↑ Bond 22 Pre-Production Diary (22) MI6.co.uk 2007-12-30
- ↑ New Bond film title is confirmed BBC News Online, 2008-01-24
- ↑ London Review: Love’s Labour’s Lost CurtainUp.com
- ↑ St Trinian's girl Gemma Arterton on the new skool rules Daily Mail - 22 June 2007
- ↑ You're off the Rimmel case, Agent Gemma Kate Nicholl, Mail on Sunday, 2008-05-11
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/film-and-tv/features/cultural-life-gemma-arterton-actress-814957.html Independent.co.uk